Deadline Friday, March 25th, 2016 @5pm
Win $50 cash and add to your portfolio.
Freedom by Design and the AIAS invite you to participate in our first Dog House Design Competition. We are looking for an innovative, beautiful, and build-able doghouse that will be part of San Antonio’s Barkitecture Challenge.
- Design a doghouse for a medium / large size dog.
- Theme: Firehouse
- Made out of recycled materials
- Maximum dimensions: 30” x 48” x 48”
- Bring a physical or digital model*, List of possible materials* and/or presentation to the Gallery (MNT 1.108) Friday, March 25th 2016 @5pm.
- Drawings at a 1”=1’- 0” scale. We encourage everyone to present as much as it takes (drawings, models, renders, concept statement…etc.) to convey your idea.
- This will be a Closed Review. Competition entries must speak for themselves.
o Plan presentation (drawings, models, renders…etc) in a coherent and logical manner to be understood. Keep in mind that professors will examine the work without students present.
- Must sign up at least a day before March 25, 2016
- Physical or Digital Model
- Must be present for Review Friday, March 25th, 2016 @5pm.
Winners will be announced Saturday, March 26th at our Dog Party and through
our website and Social Media.
Things to keep in mind:
Structures must be tailored toward the canine (dog) persuasion, constructed to be functional and durable for indoor or outdoor use. All structures must be complete, without exposed nails or other materials that will be harmful to animals.
Each team will draw for size of dog house to be built, small or large.
All dog houses and pet furniture weighing over 50 lbs. must include a base constructed of 3/4” plywood and casters. Please use 3 in. general duty swivel casters with rubber wheels.
The maximum dimensions are: 30” x 48” x 48” INCLUDING MOVABLE CASTER BASE. Any projections must fit within these dimensions.
When designing and buying materials for your structure, please keep in mind that the average auction value is approximately $400.